Feb 29, 2016

A Quick and Easy Fix for Overheating NEO Laptop


Is your laptop screechy and overheating after a few minutes of using it?
Well, now is the perfect time for you to get that fixed. Otherwise, you’d see blue screens displaying on your laptop and it would just shut down by itself.

Forget about the "I'll fix this later" or "I'll pay someone to repair that later" mentality. Next thing you know, the motherboard gets burnt-out and you lost the data that you so dearly care about. You just have to deal with the overheating problem now. And, the good thing is, you can even do it yourself, like I did. 

I am not an expert of fixing laptops nor am I an experienced technician or repair man. But I do have a habit of researching for solutions and watching other people do the fixing on youtube.

When I opened the rear panel of the laptop, I found the culprit -- dust, a bunch of them.

Indeed, the most common cause of the overheating problem is the bunch of dust piled up in the vents and fan through the cooling channel.




If you're laptop has never been cleaned for years, then, expect a huge pile of dust obstructing the air flow of the fan.


This is exactly why the laptop overheated, made a squeaky noise and shut down by itself. Thus, you need to clean it out from time to time, even when you're busy. To do so, you just have to open the rear panel by yourself and, if necessary, take a photo of each step you take. You never know you might lose a few parts or misconnect a wire.

Let me show you how to do it.

Turn the laptop upside-down and remove the cover of the fan compartment.
The good thing about NEO brand laptop is that you don't have to open the whole rear panel and take out all parts, unlike other brands. This laptop has a separate fan compartment. You only have to open that fan compartment, remove the screws and take out the fan.





Unscrew the fan and the one that connects it.


Lift out the fan slowly and, then take out the dust that you can find.
You could also use a brush to clean it up, like I did.





Make sure that there's no more dust obstructing the air flow.
Once they're all cleaned up, then you can now put the parts back together.
It's just as easy and quick as that.





Now, you're done. You'll never hear that squeaky noise anymore. And, you won't have to worry about your laptop shutting down again. Just to make sure you keep it cool, use a cooling pad. As for me, my laptop now runs smoothly as I expect it to be.


1 comment:

Please, share your comments or reactions...